We invite you to take note of these specific prayer items and to pray through them on a regular basis as you feel led:
- Pray for wisdom for our federal government who has approved this federal permit. Pray that they will take Canada’s climate action commitments and the UN Declaration of Rights of Indigenous Peoples seriously, and as needed, withdraw the federal permits given to Kinder Morgan.
- Pray that our federal government will stand principally strong against lobbying and pressure and refuse to water down Canada’s climate action commitments and implement all of the federal promises to reduce carbon pollution.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for BC’s new government as they seek options and mechanisms to implement their election promise to halt the Trans Mountain expansion and protect the Salish Sea.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, and endurance for the City of Burnaby, City of Vancouver, and other municipalities that are in opposition to the pipeline and continue to represent the interests and needs of local citizens.
- Pray that Canada will meaningfully implement and incorporate the UN Declaration of Rights of Indigenous Peoples, even if it means standing against corporate lobbying.
- Pray that all provinces and territories do their part in reducing carbon pollution and not build new fossil fuel infrastructure such as pipelines, new tar sands projects, and others.
- Pray that all provinces and territories in Canada transition to a clean energy economy that is fair for all and decarbonizes from their current development path.
- Pray for wisdom, discernment, and right actions by the federal government and its departments and agencies that have either approved or in the process of Kinder Morgan’s permits, and as needed, withdraw the permits.
- Pray for the First Nations who are litigating against the Trans Mountain expansion, such as the Tsleil Waututh. Pray for the protection of Indigenous rights and that Canada will reconcile with our Indigenous neighbors.